Delectable omega-3s baked in spices and veggies to satisfy your fish cravings!
I absolutely love seafood. I love all kinds of seafood. So, after I got married, I was surprised to find out my husband doesn’t like seafood at all. He refused to eat it… Until I starting experimenting with different recipes of vegetables and spices to add flavor to my fish. I am happy to say that my children love seafood as much as I do. This baked salmon with mixed veggies and spices is a favorite among everyone in the family, including my husband who now has a better appreciation for fish and its health benefits.
One bite of this salmon dish and your taste buds will be begging for more!
We traditionally serve our fish dishes with Palestinian potato salad. Recipe can be found here!
- 1 large piece of salmon
- 2 potatoes
- 1 cup roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 cup roughly chopped celery
- 1 white onion
- 1 green jalapeño pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3Tbs olive oil
- 3Tbs lemon juice
- 1Tbs ground ginger
- 1Tbs salt
- 1tsp cardamom
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp seven spices blend
- ¼tsp black pepper
- Soak fish in a ¼ cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Line baking tray with foil and place fish right side up.
- Coat fish with lemon juice, then brush on olive oil. Sprinkle on ginger.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, potatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, salt, cardamom, cumin, seven spices, and black pepper.
- Process veggies & spices until you reach a fine ground, but chunky texture.
- Spread veggie mix onto fish.
- Cover pan with foil and place in oven. After 15 minutes, remove foil and leave in oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven after 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!