A deliciously spicy tomato and egg dish to start off your morning!
I can never forget the first time I had Bayd wa Bandoura! I was around 11 years old and I was visiting my grandparents in Palestine. My dearest uncle wanted to make me a special breakfast dish. He called it, “Shakshuka”. The name made me laugh. As a young child, I thought to myself, what kind of dish is called Shakshuka? I was excited to have new dish for breakfast. My uncle spent a good amount of time preparing the dish for me. When it was time to eat, I recognized the dish immediately as one that my mother always made for us. She called it, “Bayd wa Bandoura”. I learned that in countries like Morocco, they call it Shakshuka. I also learned that there are different ways to make this dish. It is a very simple and well-known breakfast in Palestine. My family is a big lover of Bayd wa Bandoura, with all its delicious spices!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more recipes!
- 8 tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp 7 spices
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red chili paste
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in round slices.
- On high heat, place the oil in a big skillet.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté them.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté them.
- Add salt, 7 spices, black pepper, and the red chili paste.
- Crack the eggs, beat well and pour them over the tomatoes.
- Leave until fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley.