A creamy Middle Eastern milk pudding for a winter night!
Sahlab [GF; VO]
A creamy Middle Eastern milk pudding for any cold night!
Write a review
- 2 cups of milk*
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of rose water**
- 1 tbsp of arrow root starch***
- Boil cup of milk* in a pot.
- Add 2 tsp of sugar to the pot.
- Add tsp of rose water**
- Add 1 tbsp of arrow root starch*** to a 2nd cup of milk and whisk well.
- Add this 2nd cup of milk to the pot the moment the 1st cup boils and turn off the stove immediately.
- Pour into mugs and garnish.****
- * May use dairy or non-dairy milk.
- ** Adding rose water is optional.
- *** Corn starch may be used instead of arrow root starch.
- **** I garnish my Sahlab with coconut, cinnamon, and pecans.
Tatreez: Stitching Cuisines http://stitchingcuisines.com/