A hearty dish for any potato lover!
At first glance, this may look like a version of American mashed potatoes. However, unlike mashed potatoes, Palestinian potato salad is a very hearty and healthy side dish. With its zesty kick and herb filled flavor, this side dish is a great addition to any seafood and BBQ meals.
Palestinian potato salad is traditionally served with fish dishes. Recipe can be found here!
- 2lbs of Potatoes, peeled and washed
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- ½ cup Parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1tsp of salt
- 1tsp of salt for boiling water
- Fill a pot with water and 1tsp of salt. Place on stove on medium heat. Roughly chop potatoes and place in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Place tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and 1tsp of salt in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- After 15 minutes, remove pot from stove. Drain the water and rinse the potatoes under cold water.
- Place in a mixing bowl and mash potatoes until you’ve reached a smooth consistency. Pour tahini, lemon juice mixture over potatoes and mix until well combined.*
- Add parsley and incorporate into the salad.
- Place on dish, garnish with fresh mint leaves, and serve.
- *If the potato salad is too thick, add four tablespoons of filtered water.